Pages

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 13, 2012

Military wife questions

1. How did you and your spouse meet?
Ha! Honestly, The Cactus Moon. A country bar! BUT we had a friend in common who introduced us!

2. How old were you when you two met?
I was 23, he was 21.

3. How long have you been together?
We were actually instantly together since the middle of August 2006. We spent the whole night we met dancing, then went out for breakfast with two of our friends the next morning, and talked everyday after that. He told me he was in love with me about a week later and I said, "I guess that means we're official!" We were engaged September 9,2006 and married June 8, 2007.

4. Where are you and your spouse originally from?
I am from Tucson, AZ where we met and still live, he is from Ocala, FL.

5. How did you feel about him joining the military?
He was in the Air Force when we met!

6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training?
Lackland, TX

7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?
Yes, once from May 2008-October 2008.

8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony?
Nope because I couldn't get a sub for my class that day. I was really bummed.
9. How long have you been a military wife?
5 years.

10. Did you marry him before or after he joined?
After!

11. How did your husband propose?
He came by my house when I thought he was supposed to be working. We went up to Mt. Lemmon, where we had gone a lot. (There's not all that much to do here in Tucson!) He was acting really strange and fidgety but we went up to our favorite lookout. It was freezing and I was wearing shorts and was ready to go but he kept stalling until everyone else had left the spot. Then he got down on one knee when we were all alone. It was very sweet.

12. Where did you get married?
At a beautiful home downtown, The Stillwell House

13. How old were you two when you got married?
I was 23. He was 21.

14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day?
No.

15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed?
Tucson, AZ

16. Do you live on base?
No, we own our home.... although we desperately want to sell and rent somewhere else.

17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation?
Almost a year

18. What is your favorite base so far?
We've only been at Davis-Monthan.

19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform?
Of course!!

20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life?
No! Just different struggles.

21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent?
Yes! I am extremely grateful for health and dental insurance!

22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
No, not really. Since I've grown up here, I still have my friends that I've grown up with.

23. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Right now, EXERCISES. They are happening every month and I have to have my whole family struggle to figure out who can help watch the girls since I'm a teacher. We're lucky because Will watches the girls during the day, then goes to work when I get home. So, we never see each other, but the girls don't have to go to daycare.

24. Do you own military wife stuff?
Actually nothing except the best framed poem that I got at my wedding shower.

25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military?
Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment